Friday, May 14, 2010

Roasted Turkey


I took this picture last Thanksgiving. Just looking at it, makes me drool. It also urged me to ask my hubby if we could roast a turkey one of these days. Fortunately we still have one in the freezer and he said we will have it next weekend because it takes time to thaw. Back in the Philippines when we roasted a turkey, we would only put a big bundle of lemon grass inside but here in the US my hubby uses stuffing mix, onions, celery and giblets to make the stuffing. At first I did not find it tasty but later I began to like it and now even crave it. My hubby usually does the cooking. We have a division of labor in the kitchen. Since he does most of the cooking, I clean the mess.

Stuffing Ingredients:

1-16 ounce bag of Pepperidge farm stuffing
2.5 cups of water
6 tablespoons of butter
chopped turkey giblets (liver optional)
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
8 to 16 ounces of sliced mushrooms
2 raw eggs

Optional: In addition to or instead of giblets one lb cooked and crumbled sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment