Friday, February 12, 2010

Hot & Spicy Pancit Canton

This is my all time favorite easy to fix food, pancit canton. In the Philippines you can buy it for only $0.20 a pack. In each pack there's already hot and spicy seasoning added. All you need to do is boil it in a cup of water, let stand for about five minutes then drain the water and mix in the seasoning. Pancit canton is one of the Filipino dishes that I miss. Fortunately, I can get this kind of food at the Asian store here in the US. Every time my hubby and I go to the city, I stock up on pancit cantons, sardines in tomato sauce and sometimes I grab a bag of dried fish. Speaking of dried fish, it has been a while since the last time I had any. The reason I did not buy dried fish the last time I went shopping at the Asian store was because I can't cook that kind of food during the winter season. My husband told me that I can have dried fish anytime I want except for the winter season because we can't open the windows. He can't stand the smell in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment